Yes, of course.

Chocolate should never be given to an animal.  Dogs lack the enzyme to break down the chemical Theobromine that is found in cocoa beans.  Cocoa beans are a principle ingredient in chocolate, and theobromine is poisonous to dogs.  If your dog eats a large quantity of pure chocolate, such as fudge or baking chocolate, it could become quite sick and possibly die.  If you have reason to believe your dog has eaten chocolate, contact your veterinarian immediately.

Chicken Bones are also not something that you should give your dog.  Cooked chicken bones are very brittle and can splinter and puncture your dogs throat or intestines.  Feeding chicken bones could kill your dog.

Bugs, Dirt, Grass and things usually found outside won't kill them, they are just annoying to see them eat, like bugs. (please check our list of poisonous plants to be sure there are none in your yard)

Another thing they love to eat that won't hurt them is paper.

Be careful of hard things that will scrape the intestine walls when coming out the "other end" like Lego's, disposable razors, and other stuff they like because it has our scent on it.

 

Grapes and Raisins are toxic to dogs.

 

 

Antifreeze is deadly for all animals.  Watch for spilled antifreeze on driveways as it smells and tastes good to dogs, it can be lethal.

 

 

Return to FAQ's